$DOE and robust benefits package
An incredibly diverse position in an exciting, fast-moving industry. The lucky candidate winning this role will have responsibility for the overall management, promotion, and operation of a leading Anchorage entertainment facility. Yes, it’s exciting and challenging, and you may occasionally want to tear your hair out. This organization has amazingly low turnover, and you’ll have a great team with you all the way - a rare opportunity that PeopleAK is proud and excited to present!
**Current or returning Anchorage resident strongly preferred**
If you qualify please apply here or email your resume to peopleak.com today!
Would you like to:
- Provide for control of the day-to-day operations, assuring the coordination of plans, programs, and events.
- Negotiate and provide final approval on all lease agreements with vendors, contracts, and agreements with event organizers, hosts, managers, and agents.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all pertinent parties to encourage continual and regular use of the facility.
- Assure the coordination, implementation, and administration of specific plans and programs prescribed by corporate directives, including training and development; quality assurance; energy efficiency; safety/emergency procedures, crowd control and crisis management procedures, or other areas as needed.
- Develop and implement facility goals in accordance with the management contract, the client’s objectives, corporate policy, and good business practices.
- Coordinate facility involvement with local Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB), as well as other appropriate destination marketing agencies.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and direct all activities and personnel engaged in maintaining and operating the facility.
- Assist and coordinate with the development of the annual operating calendar, activity schedules, and projections for attendance and/or revenue.
- Direct the development, administration, and execution of all financial and operating reports including capital expenses, operating revenue, expense budgets, etc.
- Manage subordinate Directors and Managers who supervise employees in the Finance, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Box Office, Human Resources, Food & Beverage, or other facility departments.
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ideally, you have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university with major coursework in business or public administration or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A well-established leader and professional with a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in a senior management-level position within an arena, convention center, or stadium.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information
- Ability to work simultaneously with a broad variety of vested interest groups and to foster a cooperative environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices used in the successful management of entertainment or convention facilities of a similar description.
- Ability to anticipate problems and implement immediate corrective action.
- Ability to perform effectively under significant pressure typically associated with meeting the demands and timetables of the entertainment industry.
- Considerable knowledge of event solicitation and presentation, public relations, advertising and media relations, and event planning
- Considerable knowledge of safety regulations and other federal, state, or local laws and regulations
- Strong orientation towards hospitality/customer service for the meeting, convention, and entertainment industry
- Basic knowledge of facility operating standards, building maintenance, custodial, personnel, and office management
- Effective supervisory skills. Ability to deal effectively with human resource and personnel problems; to deal constructively with conflict; to motivate, provide counsel, and execute applicable solutions.
PeopleAK is here for you!
Our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience placing candidates in rewarding roles. This is a free service for job seekers. Contact us today!