After two very long years “Trick or Treat in the Heat” is coming back to Settlers Bay Wasilla! The event will be held on Sunday, September 11 from 4:30PM to 7:00PM. The sendoff will be at the Albatross at Settlers Bay Golf Course beginning at 4:30PM and the post event will be concluding there starting around 6:00 pm with fun activities. The Settlers Bay Golf Course will be renting a limited number of golf carts for this event. Please go to settlersbay.com
and rent yours before they are gone!
If you are not familiar with the Trick or Treat in the Heat (TOTITH) event, it is a neighborhood-wide early Halloween celebration that is fun for kids who trick or treat but also raises and donates 100% of proceeds to help the following Alaska children's charities: Ronald McDonald House, Hospice, and Make a Wish.
TOTITH started in 2005 when a terminally ill 5-year-old boy (Ian) wanted to go trick or treating before he passed away. A community in Anchorage got together and made it happen for him. It was such a success and for such an amazing cause, they kept it going for all these years.
All wristband sales are only online this year. After purchase, bands can
be picked up in person at our Wasilla partner locations...
1. Paint Nights with Sara
2. Special Events Alaska
To our Settlers Bay Community Neighbors located on the 2022 TOTITH route (see route map), please let us know if you will be participating by distributing candy.
If you will be participating by distributing candy:
1. Let us know your willingness to participate by email or Facebook.
2. Come by the Albatross to pick up an orange yard flag.
3. Leave your outside lights on (porch and driveway) lights on during the time of the event or you may sit in your driveway to hand out candy.
4. Settlers Bay Golf Course and Spirit Halloween have generously donated candy. A Golf Cart with volunteers will be driving by during the event to refill your candy once you run out.
If you choose NOT to participate and distribute candy:
1. Leave your outside lights OFF the evening of the event.
Most sincerely, we thank you for your participation and coming together for a good cause!