Executive Chef The Albatross Restaurant @ Settlers Bay Golf Course
Supervise and administer all phases of kitchen operations, including food purchase and selection; preparation and menu planning, supervision of subordinates and coordination of kitchen service with other departments. Produce the highest quality food products & sanitation standards at a cost level consistent with management objectives.
1. Supervise food preparation, cost controls, quantity inventories, portion control for all items served and assist in establishing selling price, recipes and testing of samples submitted by suppliers; plan monthly kitchen budget.
2. Establish and supervise job methods and cooking standards to maintain consistency in high quality of food, sanitation, and service. Establish a regular cleaning & maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment. Establish a recipe binder for all menu items to maintain consistency and quality control.
3. Develop standard recipes for all dishes to ensure proper portion control, uniformity of taste and quality, and minimize product and supply waste and theft, Keeps storage orderly & takes weekly inventory to generate COGS Report.
4. Develop new cooking methods for improvement of cuisine; maintain contact with other chefs and visits other kitchens to keep abreast of new development of food, trend, and equipment. Test new products on the market, recipes and formulas.
5. Interview and hire applicants for employment; responsible for training program and proper placement of employees; set up work schedules and job requirements to assure that food preparation is economical, safe, clean, technically correct, and within budgeted labor cost goals; maintains and regulates appearance, upkeep, cleanliness standards of staff.
6. Prepare inventories, budget forecast for labor and food, and may revise work schedules for each week; Monitors actual financial results and takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
7. Complete market lists and requisition of products and other necessary food supplies; order necessary items and inspect such foods as meat, fish and vegetables received from markets to insurer that quality standards are consistently attained
8. Assist line cooks during peak hours and directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation.
9. Work with other departments to coordinate special functions, projects, & outings. Attends staff, management meetings and periodically visits the dining area to assure that food production exceeds customer expectations. Helps plan marketing and sales promotion for building F/B business.
Graduate of culinary school (2 years) – Preferred.
Certified Food Handler (state certification) - Required.
Ten years total culinary experience - Preferred.
3-5 years food presentation experience - Required.
Five years management skills - Preferred.
Knowledge of all areas of food operation and food handling - Required.
Ordering and receiving experience - Required.
Settlers Bay Golf Course LLC